There is no escape from disruption. Today, corporate companies may have enviable assets, but tomorrow is cloudy. Therefore, cautious corporate leaders focus on innovation and new business development outside of their current capabilities. However, innovation requires forgetting what you made successfully. The problem is to leverage corporate assets and a startup way of thinking. We help where the corporate leaders hesitate. Our focus is to provide customized and rigorous management consulting services on innovation.
We nurture innovation in the corporate environment
Market Horizon Audit
Product life cycles are shortened in the last two decades. There is high pressure for faster product launch intervals. Finding correct time-to-market is more complicated and there is less comfort zone over market dominance. Corporations should monitor the technology and market disruptions more carefully. We deliver market horizon analysis on;
- Understanding short and long-term developments in core and adjacent markets.
- Identifying new technologies with the potential to create disruptive value propositions.
- Defining potential threats and opportunities on the horizon with the corporation’s vision and assets
Innovation Strategy Development
Understanding the horizon is just the first step. The second one should be identifying an authentic and comprehensive innovation strategy. We work on innovation strategy for innovation with the below activities;
- Developing strategic innovation options in terms of business potential and return on investment, channels, tools, governance and go to market
- Running the deep-dive analysis on the selected option
- Identifying the appropriate governance structure to drive the strategy
- Preparing an implementation plan
Innovation Governance Design
Innovation practice requirements differ from existing corporate product and market development governance. According to the selected strategy, governance improvement might be needed, like topics on autonomy, allocated resources, integration between innovation endeavors, and parent company. We assess existing processes, governance structure, and identify improvement areas for clarity, transparency, accountability, efficiency, and effectiveness. Examples from suggested governance structure;
- Be pain point driven.
- Utilize the technology as leverage, not as a target.
- Prioritize people interaction, understand users and customers.
- Have a sense of urgency but create distance from traditional corporate quick win pragmatism.
- Combine a T-shaped team in a failure-free environment.
Two key governance structures are below;
Corporate Accelerator: Corporate accelerators invite industry startups to nurture an innovative synergy. It requires a hands-on approach in supporting the startups and delivering value add through mentorship and networking. Seed investment, cohort design, and execution establishing a mentor network are vital aspects of an accelerator.
Corporate Venture Capital(CVC): An advanced corporate innovation institution is CVC. The target is to raise a venture fund to support industry startups and accelerate synergies along with investment synergy and financial return expectations. Critical success factors are an experienced team, aligned investment strategy with the parent company’s innovation strategy.
We have deep expertise in technology product development and provide advisory support to the innovation team in designing the products and implementing the innovation strategy. We utilize our proprietary frameworks along with design thinking, agile, kanban, and lean.
- Run Opportunity Due Diligence: We analyze the below items;
- Business design: Problem analysis, value proposition design, business model
- Operational design: Capabilities and resources, team, iteration plan
- Financial design: Financial model, unit economics, cash flow
- Audit Innovation Team: Assess the distance between the innovation team to a startup DNA, suggest improvements, and specific roadmap.
- Support Iterative Development: Provide advisory to innovation teams in designing digital products. Utilize multiple frameworks on design thinking, agile, kanban, and lean.
We help to design and run your venture investing arm
Market Intelligence and Decision Making Support
Keeping an up-to-date investment thesis is crucial for VCs aligning to its value chain, capabilities, regional opportunities and the personal interests of GPs. Our platform explores patterns for intelligence with analytical and machine learning capabilities using RSS and other sources;
- Research and Technology Trends: New scientific, technology and patent research areas of universities, government, corporations and other stakeholders.
- Venture Trends: Startup, venture investment, M&A activities.
- Corporate Innovation Trends: New product development initiatives of corporate companies.
- Market Trends For Established Markets: Developments in established and conventional markets, customer trends.
Deal Value Chain Design
Establishing a venture capital fund requires years of experience and deep skills in innovation, business, and finance. VC firms target significant returns in a long time and time is the most important resource along with capital itself. VC teams should be efficient and effective as much possible. We provide end-to-end design and execution improvement in the VC value chain based on items;
-Investment Thesis and Strategy
-Reputation and Network Management
-Sourcing and Due Diligence
-Negotiation and Investment
-Value Add to Startup Portfolio
-VC Team Design
-Operational Stack and Technology
-Fund Economics and Reporting
Startup Due Diligence and Valuation
Early-stage startups’ future is in a turbid fog and due diligence is a time-consuming effort and corporate financial due diligence frameworks do not work here. Startups generally are in difficulty presenting their true potential because of a lack of related skills. Our expertise focuses;
Business Due Diligence
- Total Addressable Market and Problem
- Product and Value Proposition
- Business Model
- Traction and Growth Model
- Go To Market Plan
- Unit Economics, Financial Model and Valuation
- Team and HR Plan
Technical Due Diligence
- Technical team and governance
- Infrastructure and architecture
- Workflows and processes